Wednesday 25 June 2008

Getting ready to go...

Durham's Cathedral
Yep, we are leaving on Friday 27th. It's very stange, it hasn't quite dawned on me yet. I guess partly because I had so much going on that there was no time to think about it. It will be difficult for me to keep in contact over there. Firstly we will be working in a clinic for a few weeks and living in a YWAM base near Jinga, than we will move to an island on lake Victoria (Linguera). Lastly we will travel up North to a camp for internaly displaced people (Pader). So it will become more and more rural and elementry as time goes on. I know there is so much need and many opportunities which means we'll be doing some very exciting stuff. We get back to England on the 19th of August and on the 24th I fly back to Switzerland. :)
It was really nice to spend some time with my dad this weekend and see my extended family at my cousin's wedding. It was a beautiful event!

Otherwise we have been learning about pregancy and labour and about a few physio exercises.

If you would like to pray for me during this time I would appreciate it.
Pray for:


  • Health and unity of our team (6 of us)

  • Protection and favor

  • Compassion and love to be fuelling all we do

  • It has been spoken over me that I would step out in new giftings and leadership: pray for boldness to do so and step out of my comfort zone

  • That God would work through us and touch people's lives, for godly appointments and relationships

  • That we would come to grow closer to God during this time, I have been struggling spiritually a bit and long for more intimacy with God

  • And that when I come back all might fall into place (housing, schooling, finances...)
Thank you so much...
Hope you are all well.

No comments: